Community Detoxification Centre
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. We can’t do that for you but we can help you with every step from there.
The TBRP Community Detoxification service may be the first step on your road to recovery.
All our services are aimed to help individuals maintain an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle by establishing an environment that supports abstinence and recovery.
Many people mistakenly assume that quitting drink or drugs is as simple as not taking them. Unfortunately, the reality is that detoxification can be an intense experience and that without medical intervention and supervision, it can be all too difficult to navigate alone. Without the therapeutic support, people will usually relapse rather than complete the detox process, putting them right back at square one and at continued risk of the dangers caused by ongoing misuse.
In addition, trying to rapidly home detox yourself from alcohol or drugs could have dangerous, even grave consequences.
The TBRP Community Detoxification Centre has expert, experienced staff to manage a safe detox process and we provide a range of therapeutic services to not only help you through your detox but also through the start of your recovery journey and to a new life, free from drugs or alcohol.
What is the Detox Centre?
The Basement Recovery Project Community Detox Centre is a safe, secure, practical and supported residential accommodation for people who have been assessed to be low risk and who wish to participate in a physical withdrawal from alcohol or drugs.
All of our staff members are specifically trained for their work in the Detoxification Centre. The Centre has 24/7 support staff and a detox manager, as well as a team of volunteers, all of whom are in recovery from addiction and at some point in their lives, have been through a detoxification themselves. In addition, we have an out of hours qualified detox nurse for advice and guidance.
TBRP will aim to provide continued support to help you complete your detox programme. Clients will be expected to participate in all therapeutic sessions made available to them. Your care plan will seek to enable both you and us, to best address the needs that were identified through the referral and assessment process.
What can a client can expect?
- You will have a detox support worker who can arrange one-to-one support sessions with you, but you can ask for support at any time.
- You will have a Client Contract, which sets out our obligations to you and your responsibilities to us with regard to your support and accommodation.
- You have a right to privacy, however, random supervised spot checks of your room may be carried out from time to time.
- You will have a detox plan, which will be reviewed daily to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
- You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and without discrimination.
- We will give you the opportunity to receive information about the cultural, spiritual and religious resources available in the area.
- We will consult you about the service we provide and any changes we propose and we will ask for feedback about your experience.
- You will be supported by people in recovery; people who have been where you are now and know what you are going through.
Summary of Services
The atmosphere in all the Basement Recovery Project’s services is warm, supportive and welcoming. We approach each client’s treatment holistically and collaboratively. Our accommodation provides a safe and friendly environment in which clients can build confidence and motivation whilst addressing their own particular difficulties with addiction.
- 3 x spacious fully furnished double bedrooms
- 1 x shower room
- 1 x shower room + bathroom
- 2 x toilets
- 1 x occupied staff room and office
- Fitted modern kitchen and dining room
- Fully equipped lounge
Therapeutic Sessions Offered:
- Here and Now
- Light Exercise
- Mutual Aid
- Therapeutic Duties
- House Meetings
- Relapse Prevention
- Blocks to Recovery
- Harm Minimisation
- Hopes and Fears
… and more