Trainee Recovery Support Worker
(Kirklees) POSITION NOW CLOSED
|Hours:||37.5 hrs per week|
|Main Role:||The Basement Recovery Project (TBRP) is looking to recruit a number of trainees who are keen to learn and support all aspects of working within our recovery community.|
The roles will spread across all areas of work and various locations including; detox house, therapeutic housing, community hubs, recovery groups and administrative work.
|Principal Duties:||• To assist with the organisation and facilitation of the day-to-day running of the therapeutic community activities.|
• To coordinate activities and oversee day to day running of one of our community hubs
• Motivate and empower substance users from across Calderdale and Kirklees to engage with effective, evidenced based, individual recovery focused programmes.
• To work proactively and effectively with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that substance users are getting the best possible outcomes and care plan targets are being met.
• To utilise a flexible approach and where required, participate in activities and tasks which directly respond to client and service need.
• To help with regular consultation/communication with service users.
• Support connections to community based, mutual self-help groups
• To help facilitate the TBRP pre-recovery and abstinence programme of recovery.
• To help co-ordinate the residents’ tasks and activities and to provide assistance and support to sessional workers.
• Assist clients to take advantage of a range of health and social well-being services, and encourage clients to access a range of support groups and organisations.
• Support outreach services for people with substance misuse issues
• To provide kitchen / household domestic duties to ensure a clean and safe environment is provided for the wellbeing of our clients.
• To work closely with the Managers in monitoring expenditure to ensure that spending is kept within allocated budgets
• To act as host for visitors to the project, arranging to meet with key personnel, showing them around the building and talking / presenting the TBRP story.
• To act as public champions for TBRP, speaking / presenting when the opportunity arises.
• A range of administrative work including To assist in carrying out the day to day office functions – post, banking, data entry, answering the phone, providing IT support to staff, drafting letters, compiling reports etc .
|Notes:||This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.|
Amendments: This description conveys the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.
Amendments: This description accurately reflects the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.
For details on how to apply, please refer to the Careers Page.