Residential Support Assistant
(Community Residential Service) – POSITION NOW CLOSED
|Location:||Calderdale wide (main base at community home in Elland)|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week, normally worked over 5 days in a 7 day period. This will be on a rota basis, on a 24 hour system with overnight and weekend working.|
|Salary:||Band 4 £17725 per annum|
|Contract:||Temporary post (12 months), permanent opportunity subject to funding|
|Responsible to:||Responsible to: Project Board|
Supervision: Project Manager
Reports to: Project Board
|Main Role:||• To organise and facilitate the day-to-day running of the therapeutic community in Calderdale.|
• To co-ordinate the residents’ tasks and activities and to provide assistance and support to sessional workers.
• To work within the team responsible for the implementation, development, and evaluation of the core therapeutic programme to ensure that residents’ care plan targets are being met.
|Principal Duties:||• Help develop a range of general tasks necessary for the smooth running of the house.|
• Supervise and monitor the daily work department activities of the residents, e.g. Maintenance, Laundry, etc.
• Ensure that the residents comply with expectations regarding the general tidiness and cleanliness of the interior of the property.
• Organise all resident appointments to doctors/dentists etc. and ensure that they are kept.
• Act as liaison person between residents and recovery keyworkers regarding daily requests for telephone calls, visits to hospital, shopping, etc.
• Act as front line contact regarding the implementation of the therapeutic programme and routines within the house structure.
• Ensure that medicines and Dangerous Drugs Act records are kept up to date as required by law.
• Ensure that resident licence agreement procedures are adhered to.
• Liaise with other professional staff and agencies as appropriate
• Undertake any other tasks in line with this post.
• This post requires willingness to travel and to work unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
|Specific DANOS standards:||AA6 Promote choice, well being and the protection of all individuals|
AA2 Relate to, and interact with individuals
AA3 Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
AA4 Promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals
AB1 Support individuals who are distressed
AB2 Support individuals who are substance users
AB3 Contribute to the prevention and management of abusive and aggressive behaviour
AB4 Contribute to the protection of individuals from harm and abuse
AB5 Assess and act upon immediate risk of danger to substance users
AB8 Contribute to assessing and act upon risk of danger, harm and abuse
AC1 Reflect on and develop your practice
AC2 Make use of supervision
AC3 Contribute to the development of the knowledge and practice of others
AD1 Raise awareness about substances, their use and effects
AD4 Develop and disseminate information and advice about substance use, health and social well-being
AG1 Develop, implement and review care plans for individuals
AG3 Assist in the transfer of individuals between agencies and services
AH4 Support individuals to undertake and monitor their own health care
AI2 Help individuals address their substance use through an action plan
AI1 Counsel individuals about their substance use using recognised theoretical models
AI3 Counsel groups of individuals about their substance use using recognised theoretical models
AJ1 Help individuals address their offending behaviour
AJ2 Enable individuals to change their offending behaviour
BA3 Contribute to the development of organisational policy and practice
BB1 Promote your organisation and its services to stakeholders
BD3 Support the health and safety of yourself and individuals
BE2 Receive, analyse, process, use and store information
BE4 Supply information for management control
BI5 Promote effective communication for and about individuals
BI1 Develop productive working relationships
BI6 Develop and sustain effective working relationships with staff in other agencies
BI7 Participate in inter-disciplinary team working to support individuals
|Notes:||This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check at an enhanced level.|
Amendments: This description accurately reflects the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.
POSITION NOW CLOSED