(Calderdale wide, main base – Elland, Halifax) – POSITION NOW CLOSED
|Location:||Calderdale wide – Main base Elland, Halifax|
|Contract:||Permanent post subject to funding|
|Salary:||Band 5 £22,425 per annum|
|Responsible to:||Reports to: TBRP CEO|
|Main Role:||• To organise and facilitate the day-to-day running of the therapeutic community in Calderdale.|
• To co-ordinate the residents’ tasks and activities and to provide assistance and support to sessional workers.
• To work within the team responsible for the implementation, development, and evaluation of the core therapeutic programme to ensure that residents’ care plan targets are being met.
|Principal Duties:||1. To enable vulnerable clients living within TBRP accommodation to develop and utilise independent living skills in order to re-integrate into the community.|
2. To develop Residential Polices & Procedures to maintain compliance in all areas of health and safety in the unit.
3. To ensure the welfare of service users whilst in our care
4. To be responsible for ensuring that rota’s are produced and cover is provided for the unit.
5. To lead the staff team co-ordinating the daily provision of support and housing related management tasks ensuring that all health and safety checks are completed and that all buildings are maintained to the highest standards.
6. To comply with funding and other statutory reporting requirements by maintaining appropriate records fit for purpose.
7. To empower clients through the provision of a safe and secure living environment through ensuring the personal safety of clients and the safety and security of the houses.
8. To complete formal supervision with staff on a 4-6 weekly basis and to complete staff appraisals on a 6 monthly basis
9. To oversee and support staff to ensure that all discharge procedures are followed when a client leaves the supported accommodation and vacancies are reported to ensure that full capacity of the unit is managed effectively.
10. To support the delivery of the Therapeutic Programme by working with clients to develop independent living skills and maintaining records of work undertaken.
11. To facilitate effective handovers between house activities and the daily therapeutic program staff by recording activities as appropriate and taking part in the handover process.
12. To assist staff in supporting clients to achieve their own goals with regard to move on activities, respecting the privacy and need for own space for each client. Treating clients with respect and dignity to empower them to regain control of their affairs.
13. To be responsible for ensuring that all housing contributions are collected and all service users receive receipts and that all details are logged on the computer. Be responsible for the recovery of arrears.
14. To carry out routine inspections of service users rooms and to check room inventory/furniture on a regular basis recording any defaults in the inventory and any damage.
15. To be responsible for dealing with staffing issues that occur on a daily basis and support the staff
16. To be responsible for all staff holidays, lieu time and sickness by reporting to the CEO
17. Facilitate team meetings with residential staff. Attend weekly managers’ meetings.
18. Be responsible for arranging any repairs that are required
19. To carry out any ad hoc duties required by the CEO.
|Communication skills||Developing productive relationships with clients and communicate issues to staff within the community. Be able to communicate at all levels.||Y|
|Ability to work on own initiative||Able to work with minimal supervision and make use of agreed supervision time.||Y|
|Administrative skills||Excellent administration skills and be computer literate||Y|
|Anti-discriminatory practice skills||Operate in a non-judgemental manner and knowledge of relevant legislation in all activities.||Y|
|Leadership Skills||Proven ability to lead a team and show strong leadership skills that instil confidence in the team.||Y|
|Self-Development||Be responsible for own development||Y|
|Developing Policies||Have the ability to develop company policies||Y|
|Management Skills||Ability to manage staff and to have a proven track record of managing a Residential Team/Unit||Y|
|Decision making skills||Track record of decision making skills and be able to recognise when to refer||Y|
|Challenging Behaviour||Have a proven track record of being able to recognise and manage challenging behaviour in adults||Y|
|Substance Misuse||Knowledge of the issues related to alcohol and drug misuse||Y|
|Good basic level of education.|
NVQ Level 4 (Health & Social Care or Registered Managers)
|5 GCSE’s or equivalent|
|Type of Experience||Number of Years|
|Minimum duration within similar type role or relevant experience within similar environment.||1 Year|
|37.5 hours per week, normally worked over 4 nights/1 day shift in a 7 day period. Some variation will be applied to ensure that you are able to monitor all staff. (Shifts are 7.5hrs)|
|To comply with the organisations’ Policies and Procedures (including Confidentiality).|
|This post is subject to a DBS (formerly CRB) Disclosure at an Enhanced level.|
|To perform other duties appropriate to the post as may be requested and agreed with the Line Manager.|
|AA6 Promote choice, well being and the protection of all individuals|
AA2 Relate to, and interact with individuals
AA3 Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
AA4 Promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals
AB1 Support individuals who are distressed
AB2 Support individuals who are substance users
AB3 Contribute to the prevention and management of abusive and aggressive behaviour
AB4 Contribute to the protection of individuals from harm and abuse
AB5 Assess and act upon immediate risk of danger to substance users
AB8 Contribute to assessing and act upon risk of danger, harm and abuse
AC1 Reflect on and develop your practice
AC2 Make use of supervision
AC3 Contribute to the development of the knowledge and practice of others
AD1 Raise awareness about substances, their use and effects
AD4 Develop and disseminate information and advice about substance use, health and social well-being
AG1 Develop, implement and review care plans for individuals
AG3 Assist in the transfer of individuals between agencies and services
AH4 Support individuals to undertake and monitor their own health care
AI2 Help individuals address their substance use through an action plan
AI1 Counsel individuals about their substance use using recognised theoretical models
AI3 Counsel groups of individuals about their substance use using recognised theoretical models
AJ1 Help individuals address their offending behaviour
AJ2 Enable individuals to change their offending behaviour
AK1 Assist individuals to explore future employment, training and education opportunities
AK2 Assist individuals to plan for future employment, training and education
AK3 Enable individuals to access housing and accommodation
AK4 Enable individuals to administer their financial affairs
AJ2 Enable individuals to change their offending behaviour
BA3 Contribute to the development of organisational policy and practice
BB1 Promote your organisation and its services to stakeholders
BD3 Support the health and safety of yourself and individuals
BE2 Receive, analyse, process, use and store information
BE4 Supply information for management control
BI5 Promote effective communication for and about individuals
BI1 Develop productive working relationships
BI6 Develop and sustain effective working relationships with staff in other agencies
BI7 Participate in inter-disciplinary team working to support individuals
POSITION NOW CLOSED