POSITION NOW CLOSED
|Location:||The Basement Recovery Project, Halifax|
|Hours:||25p.w. (times t.b.a.)|
|Contract:||Temporary post (12 months), permanent opportunity subject to funding|
|Responsible to:||Project Manager|
|Main Role:||• To provide a link between the Project Manager, Professionals working within the team, and other agencies|
• To provide a full administrative service to the Project Manager, Recovery Team and Board
• To take day to day responsibility for the project base
• To support the publicity and marketing of the services of the Project both internally and externally
|Principal Duties:||1. Responsible for a full and efficient Administrative service to the Project Manager and multi-professional team. Supporting the setting up of systems for the team and adapting these as necessary within the developing role.|
2. Responsible for the arrangement and co-ordination of meetings and the preparation of appropriate documentation for these as required.
3. Responsible for taking minutes of the various meetings within The Basement Project. Some can contain sensitive and distressing information.
4. Responsible for transcribing and then distributing the minutes with relevant documents for circulation.
5. Responsible for providing IT support to staff, drafting letters, compiling reports, devising new pro-formas / templates for use as assessment tools and in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations etc.. Making full use of available software for the projects’ needs. Ensure letters, fax, memos and reports from the project are of high quality in terms of presentation and accuracy and adhere to Policies & Procedures.
6. Responsible for gathering statistical information.
7. Responsible for producing statistical documents, reports etc. for analysis.
8. To screen the Manager’s telephone calls and ensure an efficient message system is maintained.
9. To be the first point of contact for the team, ensure liaison, via telephone and in person with clients, carers, other professionals and external agencies. Due to the nature of the team, members are frequently out of the office and in the absence of the Team Manager and other staff, this involves assessing the urgency of the problem and taking appropriate action.
To use initiative and empathy to resolve queries which may involve sensitive service user/staff issues in the Team Manager’s absence delegate urgent calls, referrals and complaints to appropriate professionals within the team. This can also include dealing with clients or carers who are upset, angry, aggressive and sometimes threatening.
10. To ensure the post is opened, and sorted in order of priority and ensure that outgoing mail is delivered to relevant areas as necessary.
11. To maintain the team referral and confidential filing systems.
12. To maintain sickness and annual leave records for staff reporting to the Team Manager and notify Board of changes in staff circumstances.
13. Responsibility for ensuring that office equipment, stationery etc. is ordered, invoices are actioned and service and repairs carried out as appropriate.
14. To act as Health & Safety Co-ordinator for the team.
|General:||a) To fully participate in the project’s performance review and personal development planning process on an annual basis.|
b) Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post and as agreed with line manager as part of the personal development planning process.
c) To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
d) To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the teams in which he/she works.
e) To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, internal job rotation and absence cover.
f) To contribute to a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations and The Project’s policies.
g) The Basement Recovery Project is committed to valuing and promoting diversity in employment, service delivery practices and its’ general environment. An expectation of all posts is that each individual will take responsibility for promoting open, inclusive and accessible service provision, staff development and a culture that values and respects difference.
|Notes:||This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check at an enhanced level.|
Amendments: This description accurately reflects the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.
POSITION NOW CLOSED