Many Paths. One Door.
We are pleased to announce the Calderdale Recovery Steps service will soon be under one roof providing closer integration between the two partner organisations, The Basement Recovery Project and Humankind.
From Monday 8th February 2021, the current services (including Branching Out) provided by Humankind at St. John’s House will move to Basement House in Carlton Street.
Humankind offers a range of recovery treatment interventions, prescribing and clinical support with The Basement Recovery Project providing therapeutic recovery services. Working together as Calderdale Recovery Steps, we bring a holistic approach to helping individuals (and their friends and families), who suffer the consequences of alcohol and/or drug misuse to change their lives around, free from the need or desire to use any mind-altering substance.
We believe our recovery centre offers real inspiration to those that enter. We believe it’s a place where you should feel welcome, a place where you can bring your loved ones and a place full of hope and opportunity where the recovery community is built. It’s a place where you will be welcomed by people just like you. We do recover!
Rest assured when you walk through the door, we’ll be with you every step of the way. We ask you “What we can do for your recovery?” and ask you to ask yourself “What can you do for your recovery?”. Together we can.
Your support may include:
- Support to reduce harm and prevent overdose e.g. needle and syringe replacement
- Substitute medication
- Health and wellbeing checks and screenings
- Introduction to mutual aid meetings and a thriving recovery community
- Community stabilisation and accommodation services
- One-to-one support and group therapy
- Therapeutic recovery programmes
- Detox from alcohol and/or drugs
- Access to community activities to enhance health and wellbeing
- Therapeutic residential living services
- Signposting to community services
- Employment, training, housing and education support
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are running a reduced service. All attendance must be booked in advance.
Calderdale Recovery Steps – 01422 41 55 50
The Basement Recovery Project – 01422 383 063