As you will have heard, we are hosting numerous Zoom online meetings, not only for Social activities but Here & Now, SMART Recovery and even our Freedom Recovery Programme.
To find the timetable, please refer to our earlier post. You MUST contact CHART Kirklees or Calderdale Recovery Steps and be registered with either service to obtain the Zoom ID’s and Passwords. Note: The Tuesday and Thursday Open meetings are for everyone and you can get details of these from CHART, CRS or by phoning TBRP.
Here are general instructions for downloading Zoom to your phone:
- Go to the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhones/iPads) and search ‘Zoom.’
- Click on ‘Zoom Cloud Meetings’ – download and install – skip any payments.
- Open the Zoom application and click on ‘Sign Up.’
- Add D.O.B., email address, first and last name and agree to the ‘terms of service.’
- Click ‘Next’.
- An email will be sent to the email account you used above, so you can activate the account. Check both your ‘Inbox’ and ‘Spam’ mailbox.
- Once you have received the email, click on the ‘Activate Account’ button.
- It will then take you to the internet and will ask if you are signed up to a school- click ‘No.’
- Add in all your details i.e. First and Last name and make a Password and press ‘Continue.’
- You do not have to ‘invite colleagues’ or ‘attend a meeting.’ Once you have made up a password, return back to the app you downloaded and click you have ‘Verified the email’/ ‘Sign In.’
- Enter your Email and Password and ‘Sign In’.
- It may ask you for a fingerprint ID if your phone allows it, click cancel or OK.
- Along the top of the Zoom App, there should be different tabs i.e. ‘New Meeting, Join, Schedule, Share Screen.’
- Click ‘Join’- and enter ‘ID’ of the group you wish to join on the Recovery Timetable.
- Once you have added the ID, click ‘Join’. It will then ask you for a meeting password. Again password comes under ‘PW’ of the group you wish to join.
- You should then be signed in to the meeting.
- You can leave at any point by clicking the ‘Leave Meeting’ button. You can ‘Mute’ and ‘Unmute’ yourself if you wish for people to hear you and can also ‘Start Video’ if you wish for people to see you.
If you have any questions or require further information, please call the office and we will try our best to help out.
Zoom is a great App and can be used to set up your own meetings with friends and family. The free version has limits: time (40 mins), number of attendees (100), though 1-1 meetings have no time limit.
The following links are helpful if you wish to host your own meetings:
PC, Desktop, Laptop: – Zoom Sign Up link
Getting Started with: – Android
Getting Started with: – IOS